Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs keyboard behaviour

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs keyboard behaviour
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:06:35 +0100

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:48:23PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
I agree to make the default TeXmacs behaviour more standard and
provide an option for Emacs compatability. This should become part
of a more global reorganization of the interface behaviour.
Anyway, please improve your patches as much as you can;
I will apply them when coming to the interface standardization.

Right now, the patches are done rather ad-hoc with the intention to improve the behavior as much as possible with as little changes to the code as possible. For full standard compliance with either Windows or Emacs behavior, the internals of the selection/buffer handling should probably be redesigned. Otherwise, I fear that further improvement of the behavior can only be achieved by ugly hacks.

Greetings,
Norbert

B.t.w: the correct spelling is "compatibility" - the misspelled version appears in the TeXmacs documentation as well. Indeed it is generally spread all over the web: (google: "compatibility" 104 Mio. vs. "compatability" 3.9 Mio)