Re: [Texmacs-dev] can't do "insert session" in texmacs

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] can't do "insert session" in texmacs
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:46:47 +0200

Dear Vadim,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 07:57:10PM +0400, Vadim wrote:
> attached is a patch to slightly improve cygwin situation WRT maxima

Thank you; I applied your patch in the CVS version and CC-ed
the information to Fabrice Rouillier (who helps me with the Cygwin port)
and Andrey Grozin (who maintains the Maxima plug-in).

> It does not try to enlarge PATH variable by strange guesses, it just
> assumes that 'maxima' is already in the PATH, which seems more
> reasonable to me.
>
> it does not solve the problem at 100%, but older maxima support isn't
> any better.
> For a better support different maxima version should be better
> recognized (maxima based on cygwin lisp, or maxima built with foreign lisp)

Any ideas on how to recognize the correct version on Cygwin?

> As for supporting cygwin - right now latest TeXmacs on cygwin builds
> smoothly, so it is very well supported right now, IMO.
> I don't understand why cygwin binaries for texmacs from cygwin.com are
> rather old.

Please check with Andreas Seidl <address@hidden> and CC to <address@hidden>.

Best wishes and thanks again for your patch, Joris