Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reccurrent bug in with TLS data in the static version
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:47:17 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 09:23:57PM +0200, Henri Lesourd wrote:
What you say looks really weird : lots of other libc-related
functions in Guile (e.g., opening a file, a socket...) give us
absolutely no problem. Thus we still don't have a convincing
explanation for why it is especially (gethostbyname) that is
behaving this way, and not the stream-related, nor the other
socket/internet-related functions...

Very strange, all this. If you replace gethostbyname by something else,
or by a built-in glue routine, does that solve the problem?

If I use any other routine, it doesn't do it.

If I compile TeXmacs from source, gethostbyname works again, thus
it seems to be related to the kind of static linking you perform
in the binaries that are distributed on the TeXmacs website.