Re: [Texmacs-dev] major barrier to adoption

From: Jeremy Henty
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] major barrier to adoption
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 05:29:58 +0000

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 10:54:11PM +0100, Henri Lesourd wrote:

> But as soon as your LaTeX is clean (i.e. : it uses only macros built
> on a set of clean primitives),  then if the import is not absolutely
> perfect  right now  (although  it  is already  quite  good), it  can
> definitely be lead to the point of perfection, it's just a matter of
> time (and contributions ;-).
> [snip]
> work for identifying a *clean*  subset of TeX / LaTeX, and implement
> this "perfect subset" of TeX / LaTeX flawlessly.

I have  posted to  Scott's blog  for details on  what went  wrong with
importing his  LaTeX.  (I have, I  hope, been careful  to avoid making
any  promises.  I certainly  don't want  to appear  to be  speaking on
behalf of  the TeXmacs  devs.)  I believe  maths publishers  are often
quite  strict about  what macro  packages they  will accept,  so their
requirements could  be starting point for identifying  a useful "clean
LaTeX".

Regards,

Jeremy Henty