Re: [Texmacs-dev] Ongoing translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial by Henri

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Ongoing translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial by Henri
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:00:53 +0200

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

Hi all,

I have just started the translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial in http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf. Some time ago I asked for the TeXmacs sources for this tuturial, because I know is easier to translate the docs in this way but I get no response.

I never received any email from you about that. If you sent
it only to me, probably it has been filtered out somehow by
my ISP.

Posting on the mailing list is a good solution to avoid
such problems.

In any case, your work is not lost, the hard work seems rather
to write the correct spanish sentences. Rearranging can still
be done later.

It reminds me that perhaps I should finish this tutorial,
all the more because since 2005, almost all the problems
of programming inside TeXmacs have been solved (at least
under UNIX).

It would be nice to devise a way for automatically
reassembling the translations, in such a way that
if somebody updates some paragraphs in one of the
translations, the corresponding paragraphs are marked
as "outdated", or "missing" in the other translations,
along with a policy for directly including the
updated (e.g. english) text if one paragraph is
missing in the (e.g., spanish) translation, but
keeping the original (e.g. spanish) paragraph if
it is only outdated by a more recent (e.g. english)
version.

Whatever, here is the source of this tutorial:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.tm

, and it's released under GFDL >= 1.1.

Best, Henri