Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Compiling TexMacs on OSX

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Compiling TexMacs on OSX
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:54:44 +0200

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good idea to separate the core code from the
GUI code

That was the original motivation, by the way.

but wasting energy on multiple frontends is not.
Currently, there are only two ports (Qt and Cocoa), with two
maintainers (Me and Massimo), thus it seems manageable.

It could also be that our encapsulation is done in such a
way that it turns maintaining to an easy task (although I'm
not 100% sure about that).

In any case, I retain your advice as far as other (gtk...)
ports of the GUI. In effect, perhaps we have better things
to do...

Actually
I think there is a lot of room for collaboration between the two projects.

Yes, there are probably things to do in this area (although
time, which is the most important resource, is currently
missing).