[Texmacs-dev] Printing, exporting to PDF or to PS modifies the .tm sourc

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Printing, exporting to PDF or to PS modifies the .tm source file and messes up references to sections
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:00:35 -0500

Hello,

I am using TeXmacs 1.0.7 on Solaris. I have a document which exhibits the following strange behavior: when I export it to PDF or PS, or try to print it, I see the following messages on the console (you would see these if you ran TeXmacs from a terminal window):

TeXmacs] Warning: Redefined sec:bp as MPF93
TeXmacs] Warning: Redefined sec:gstar as MPF93
TeXmacs] Warning: Redefined sec:bound as MPF93

sec:bp, sec: gstar, sec:bound, are labels of sections in the document, whereas MPF93 is a bibliography reference (or tag):

 <\bibliography|bib|alpha|/home/ko/papers/refs.bib>
    <\bib-list|MPF93>
      <bibitem*|AFon><label|bib-AFrev>D. Aldous and J. Fill.
<newblock><with|font-shape|italic|Reversible Markov Chains and Random Walks on Graphs>. <newblock>David Aldous' web site, in preparation.

<bibitem*|HJ90><label|bib-HJ85>R.A. Horn and C.R. Johnson. <newblock><with|font-shape|italic|Matrix Analysis>. <newblock>Cambridge
      University Press, 1990.

<bibitem*|MPF93><label|bib-mitri93>D.S. Mitrinovic, J.E. Pecaric, and A.M. Fink. <newblock><with|font-shape|italic|Classical and New Inequalities in Analysis>. <newblock>Kluwer Academic, 1993.
    </bib-list>
  </bibliography>

After TeXmacs produces these messages, if you look at the .tm file with, say, emacs, you see that it has changed as I am indicating below:

<\auxiliary>
  <\collection>
    <\associate|bib>
      AFrev

      HJ85

      mitri93

      mitri93             <------------------ this is added
    </associate>

The effect of all this is that after printing or exporting to PDF or PS, the document is messed up: all references to the sections I mentioned above are transformed to references to "MPF93".
Any help in tracking this down would be appreciated.

                                        Kostas