[Texmacs-dev] How to disable Plugins/MacOS

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] How to disable Plugins/MacOS
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 18:31:26 +0200

In texmacs-1.0.7.2, there is a new source directory src/Plugins/MacOS. I am sure that it contains very useful things. The problem is that it uses code that does not compile on MacOSX 10.4. A typical error message is

./Plugins/MacOS/mac_spellservice.mm:42: error: 'NSInteger' does not name a type

There is indeed no NSInteger in MacOSX 10.4; this was introduced in 10.5. Now this variable is from the Cocoa framework, but that piece of code is also (trying to be) compiled when the X11 or qt graphics versions of texmacs are built, not only for the cocoa graphics version.

My question is: Is there a simple way to disable the compilation of this part of the sources and thus to enable building texmacs-1.0.7.2 on MacOSX 10.4? Or does one have to go back to 1.0.7?

--
Martin