Re: [Texmacs-dev] caching of menus in qt

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] caching of menus in qt
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:46:09 +0200

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:56:05AM +0200, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> I've just commited a patch to reenable caching of menus on the Qt
> port. It works fine on my mac. Now all the top level menus (main menu
> and toolbars) created by TeXmacs are cached. This should reduce the
> load on Qt (before menus where recreated each time , eg. when changing
> from math to text mode).

Cool, no apparent bugs under Snow Leopard. I did notice that
the menus still disappear when a dialogue windows pops up.
I think that this bug was present before though.

> It would be nice to have some measurements to check if the Qt port is
> leaking memory or not. (marshalling between Qt's memory management
> policy and TeXmacs' is a delicate matter.

We will need a valgrind expert for that.

Talking performance, we do have to solve the display interrupt issue though.
Can we recursively handle events during the repaint phase.
In that case, I can probably do something. Otherwise, I will need ideas.

I still have some problems with the keyboard from time to time.
At a certain point C-x prompts me for a Scheme command,
when I wanted to do C-x C-c. After a fresh restart, C-x C-c worked fine...

Best wishes, --Joris