Re: [Texmacs-dev] Displaying table grids

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Displaying table grids
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:05:18 +0100

Dear Norbert,

Sorry for replying so late.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:33:31PM +0000, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> OK, here is a new version of the patch. It does now display the table
> grid just one px wide. To achive a smooth and symmetric look, I had to
> change the 'outline' function, shifting some of the lines by one pixel.
> The visual appearance seems fine to me.

This one looks indeed better.

> * the eqnarray* display still does not deal with the interparagraph
> space in any special way.

This is the only remaining point, which might need to be treated.

> In both cases, I do not what a proper and consistent solution should
> look like. Furthermore, I found the current implementation tricky enough
> and have no idea how to implement anything that involves obtaining more
> information about the document than the box geometries that are used at
> the moment.

I think that it should be possible to detect the different lines
from the boxes and use borders which are the mean values of
the borders of successive lines.

> Anyone who want to give it a try is free to improve upon this solution.

I hope to find some time for that...

Best wishes, --Joris