[Texmacs-dev] Towards semantic editing

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Towards semantic editing
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:17:01 +0200

Dear all,

The new version 1.0.7.7 of TeXmacs, released this morning,
contains some interesting new features aiming at a more semantic
editing of mathematical formulas. These features are still
experimental and should make their way progressively into
the options activated by default.

There are mainly two new optional features:
  * Enforcement of matching brackets.
  * Parsing and semantic checking of formulas.
Please look at the last section 6 of Help -> Manual -> Mathematical formulas.

I am interested in any user feedback on these two new features,
enforcement of matching brackets being the most urgent one.
I am also interested in receiveing (privately, if necessary)
several medium sized existing TeXmacs documents with
many mathematical formulas, in various areas of mathematics,
physics, computer science, etc.

Best wishes and thanks in advance, --Joris

P.S.: for sending documents, the best way is to send
an URL where to download them.