Re: [TeXmacs] Fwd: [Texmacs-dev] Re: savannah downtime

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fwd: [Texmacs-dev] Re: savannah downtime
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:42:59 +0100

Hi all,

I've experimented all the day with svn2git and I agree that v.2.0 should be fine to maintain a mirror repository. However for the time being I will stick to the minimal setup given by git-svn. I do not like to have all the branches and tags visible on gitorious. The git repository for the moment is only an experiment and having at disposal only the trunk is fine enough for most users. I found also a recipe to clone the repository so that git-svn can work with it. Here my workflow

# initialize a repo in t
mkdir t
cd t
git init
git fetch -f address@hidden:texmacs/texmacs.git '+refs/remotes/ *:refs/remotes/*'
# recreate the master branch
git checkout -b master trunk
# sync with svn
git svn init -s svn+ssh://address@hidden/texmacs
git svn rebase
# eventually push changes to the git repository
git push --mirror address@hidden:texmacs/texmacs.git

only drawback is that you need to use svn+ssh since git-svn does not accept to change protocol. In this way I can maintain the repository in sync from different machines.

Best
max