Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Possible temporary solution to the repaint bug.

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Possible temporary solution to the repaint bug.
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:49:05 +0100

Yes, it improved very much, to the point that it is requires more
extensive testing to determine if it is less smooth than the gold
standard - the X version.

However, a very annoying misbehavior remains: when scrolling out of
any environment, one gets the default focus with the section title
(extremely useful!) included in the iconbar. The problem is that (with
my font size settings) the section title makes that iconbar a few
pixels taller than the environment-specific ones, and this shifts the
whole document up and down as the cursor moves.

The solution would be to inquire what is the vertical space needed by
the section titles with the current QT font setting and make all focus
iconbars that high, independently of whether the small default icons
would have fitted in a lower iconbar.

Thanks for the patch that renders the QT version usable again,

-á.