[Texmacs-dev] number of open files

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] number of open files
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:32:12 +0200

Dear all,

I am experiencing a strange error under MacOS:
when working for a while with TeXmacs, it sometimes occurs that
files are no longer saved. It turs out that I have "too many open files".
There is a command 'lsof' to see the list of open files and
their number (124) seems to be way below the allowed limit (256).
Is the open file count or the allowed limit unreliable?
What is going on, and how can I accurately determine
the real number of open files and the real limit?

Best, --Joris