Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Re: image integration

From: Andrea Gamba
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Re: image integration
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:38:03 +0200

The best solution would be to have a simple configuration option, allowing to either send graphics to a "live" external window, or to have them automatically in line. There is some advantage also in in line graphs, they allow keeping a well organized log of the computations. And for simple computations many of us mix the advantages of the two approaches by using in line graphs and simply editing and resubmitting the graphics command. This is the workflow one is accustomed to when using for instance Mathematica notebooks.
Andrea