Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs versus Ipython notebook

From: Adrian S.
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs versus Ipython notebook
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:36:06 -0600

It would be nice to have all that in the python plugin.  I would ask you to jump in and see what you can contribute to the code.

The Python plugin is getting better, and many of the things you mentioned are possible, though they might take time. I would certainly like to do them myself, but can't at the moment.

Someone else wants to jump in? That would be nice.

I agree with you in that TeXmacs has a lot of potential, and we can all help it to achieve it.

Soon, I think, the Mathemagix plugin will set the main paradigm to communicate with TeXmacs, and the plugins for other languages will  follow their example.

I would advice you to take a look at the Mathemagix plugin development, and see if that seems close to what you want from the Python Plugin.

Peace
-Adrian.