Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conditional aligned item in preference widget

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conditional aligned item in preference widget
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 22:10:17 +0100

Salut François,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM, François Poulain <address@hidden> wrote:
So, making
conditionals items in a preference widget remain tedious, imho
(because the user will have to open/set option/close/open/set
option/close...).

If I understand you well you want something like:

* a dropdown menu with several items "A", "B", "C". Let's say "C" is the default.
* when the user selects "A", some new controls appear below, to the right, whatever.
* when the user selects "B", the controls for "A" are replaced for those for "B", presumably new buttons, etc.
* when the user selects "C", all extra stuff disappears.

Have you tried with a refreshable_widget? Set the actions of the items "A" "B" "C" to functions sending a refresh to some sub-widget which will contain the stuff. Because refreshed widgets are rebuild with each refresh, you should be able to achieve what I described.

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.