[Texmacs-dev] Still problems with OSX compile

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Still problems with OSX compile
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:41:44 +0200

Hi!

I tried today to introduce someone to TeXmacs, on OSX 10.8
We tried two versions: one that I compiled myself, and the other was
downloaded from the web.

The idea was to use the R interface.

First, nothing worked because gs had to be installed. (images were
inserted as pink rectangles)
Things still didn't work, and we installed imagemagick. After these
two were installed, the downloaded version of TeXmacs worked.

It still has the problem with continuously requiring 130% cpu. If I
remember correctly, that is fixed by compiling with --enable-qtpipes.
Would it be possible to put a precompiled version for OSX on the
website that includes this flag? I think anyone using TeXmacs on a mac
after 10.8 will have this problem.

When trying to use my compiled version, I had the following problem:
The application included dynamic libraries in
TeXmacs-1.99.1.app/Contents/Resources/lib,
and these libraries did not run well on my friend's computer. Or it
could be that they didn't interact well with gs... I'm not totally
sure.

I compiled my version with:
./configure --enable-macosx-distr=i386   --enable-macosx-extensions
--enable-qtpipes --enable-pdf-renderer
make MACOS_BUNDLE

How do I compile so that the Contents/Resources/lib is empty like it
is in the file on texmacs.org?

Thanks!
Michael