Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] copy/pasting labels

From: Jorge Fernández de Cossío Díaz
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] copy/pasting labels
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 09:09:22 -0400

A sort of "fix" for the flags running outside the page is to increase the "Margins on screen", Document -> Page -> Margins.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 5:02 AM Peter Rapčan <address@hidden> wrote:
According to the manual:

"When labeling single equations (created using Insert -> Mathematics -> †’Equation), the recommended place is at the start inside the equation. When labeling multiple equations (created using Insert† -> Mathematics -> ’Equations), you must put the labels just behind the equation numbers."

Thus, I assume the reason is the internal workings of TeXmacs. Needless to say, it is certainly confusing (especially for newcomers) to have different label placements for equations and equation arrays. I don’t know know how hard it would be to unify the behavior, nor am I a programmer who would be able to implement such a change. Maybe some of the developers could say something about this?

With regard to the label flags, the situation is even more problematic than Jorge noted. In the multiple-equations environment you will see only part of the label flag if the label text is longer than the remaining space on the paper/white canvas shown — see enclosed screenshot. It would be perhaps better if the flags were semi-transparent and drawn leftward from the flags “stick” (flag origin) in the case of the label being placed after the equation number. Or at least the whole application window width could be used to display the flag, as opposed to only using the paper width, as is the case now.

Cheers,
Peter.