[Texmacs-dev] Maxima inline plots

From: arisaka_110430
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Maxima inline plots
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 23:30:31 +0900

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the implementation of tm_plot2d.
I tried to use tm_plot2d, but I noticed that tm_plot2d failed to display plots
when the "Evaluate all" menu was chosen.
It seems to be an experimental implementation.

So I fixed the bug and added some more plot functions to support inline plots.
The upgraded file is "texmacs-maxima.lisp" which is attached to this mail.
It includes the following inline plot functions:
  tm_plot2d
  tm_plot3d
  tm_contour_plot
  tm_implicit_plot
  tm_julia
  tm_mandelbrot
  tm_draw
  tm_draw2d
  tm_draw3d

tm_drawdf is not included, but you can use it as follows:
  load("drawdf")$
  tm_drawdf([params]) := (tm_draw(apply('df_graphics, params)), 0)$

I'm using macOS, but I expect that the new "texmacs-maxima.lisp" file will work
well on other OS.

"texmacs-maxima.lisp" is an essential element of the Maxima plug-in of TeXmacs.
You can find it as follows:

$ find /Applications/TeXmacs-1.99.8.app -iname 'texmacs-maxima.lisp'
/Applications/TeXmacs-1.99.8.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/plugins/maxima/lisp/texmacs-maxima.lisp

The value of "maxima_tempdir" is the directory in which Maxima plug-in creates
some PostScript files.

(%i3) maxima_tempdir;
(%o3)          /var/folders/l8/jhnf7tr95wxchp2y_49_3l0h0000gr/T

tm_plot* or tm_*_plot saves a PostScript file whose name has the ".ps" suffix.
tm_draw* saves a PostScript file whose name has the ".eps" suffix.

Thanks,
Tomio Arisaka