Re: [Texmacs-dev] Guile 3!

From: Kovács Zoltán
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Guile 3!
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 11:30:40 +0100

Dear all,
after several emails with Max I finally managed to compile TeXmacs 1.99.12 on Ubuntu 18.04 with guile-2.2. I used his branches qt5 and guile2 (however, he already merged them into one branch). The compilation was smooth when adding the option --enable-guile2 when launching the configure script.
image.png
Ubuntu 18.04 has Qt version 5.9.5.
I learned that the first startup of TeXmacs is very slow, it took some 5 minutes on a very fast machine, and on the first window resize it took another 2 minutes or so. After then everything looks working smoothly, however I cannot see the version number any longer on the welcome screen (I get <ERROR|INSECURE SCRIPT>.
This is a great moment and I am looking forward to getting TeXmacs back soon in the mainstream version of the Debian/Ubuntu world.
Keep up the good work, guys! Thanks, and congratulations to everybody who are involved in this project. Special thanks to Max for his efforts on porting TeXmacs to guile2+.
Best wishes, Zoltan