Re: [Texmacs-dev] Building TeXmacs for macos

From: Pierre-Henri Jondot
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Building TeXmacs for macos
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:18:27 +0100

Although it is indeed not the same problem, I can confirm the bug you mention
here. With texmacs 1.99.15 built with qt 5.15.1, texmacs segfaults opening any
session but scheme, with the build I obtain on macos catalina. No such problem
with qt 4 (and the build is easier with qt 4…). A python session doesn’t work,
but at least it doesn’t crash...

So the problem probably is not related to freebsd but indeed with qt.

Pierre-Henri

P.S. : could someone try to :
- make sure texmacs is configured to use multiple windows (Edit-Preferences
last option)
- initiate a drawing
- while still in drawing mode, open another window…
Am I the only for whom this makes texmacs crash ? (I doubt it, but so far…)