Re: [Texmacs-dev] network file systems on Windows?

From: Denis RAUX
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] network file systems on Windows?
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 10:40:18 +0100

Dear all,

I want just to clarify what is the 'Windows' way to use network filesystems (unc path).

Those files belongs to shared resources. Since windows 3.11 windows has been offering a way to use those resources as they were locally attached to a local computer like nfs filesystem mounting on a unix machine.

The goal is to attach them to a free drive letter as local drives are. You can do that with the file explorer or in a windows command box with the command "net use driveLetter: \\machine\shareName" (i.e : net use x: \\mycomputer\share1) .

After all networks files can be accessed as they were local files through the diver letter and TeXmacs would be able to access them without trouble.

Regards,

Denis