[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & MuPDF

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs & MuPDF
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 19:54:57 +0200

Dear all,

 Some time ago I've worked on a version of TeXmacs which uses the MuPDF library
(https://mupdf.com) to render the document on screen. Now I found some time to
hack configure to set up the build process correctly (hopefully).

You find the code here:

https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/tree/wip_mupdf

to be configured with

./configure --with-mupdf

Unless you have mupdf in a standard location it will not find it, so you might
want to hack a bit the configure process. I'm not fluent enough in m4 to be
able to do it, help is welcome.

Also this is a work in progess but as far as I can see it will render my
document correclty. Bug reports are also welcome. If it works fine we could
also use it to import directly PDF and also (maybe) to produce PDF files.
Anyway this modification make our document rasterization process independent of
the GUI library (i.e. Qt) and allow to use the full set of PDF image model in
the rasterization process if we want.

Best
Max