thug

Re: [Thug] all things gnu

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Thug] all things gnu
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:18:02 -0800

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:19:19AM -0500, Will Langstroth wrote:

> I found this email address at gnu.org.  Does your group still exist?

Yup!  We're a little low key these few months, since most of the members
from Waterloo are out on co-op this semestre.

> Do your meetings ever make it to *Toronto*?

Because I'm the only member actually in Toronto itself, meetings here
tend to be of a slightly more alcoholic nature.  Technical workshops
tend to take place in Waterloo because the students can get the meeting
space and they tend to be able to put up posters/emails/etc to get a few
more people than would normally come.

I've thought a couple of times of contacting the local LUG and arranging
a joint meeting with them where we could have people speaking on various
Hurd-related topics.  So far I haven't done that, though.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey