[Tinycc-devel] How do the stack value types work ???

From: Kim Lux
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] How do the stack value types work ???
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:23:26 -0700

I am a bit confused about figuring out the type of the stack items, ie
vtop[0] and vtop[-1].

vtop is type SValue.

I see we have vtop.type.t and we also have vtop.r.

In tcc.c I see a whole bunch of VT* definitions.

Are these applied to the .r field or the .type.t field ?

What is the significance of the VT_VALMASK ?

It looks to me like some info is gotten by masking r with VT_VALMASK and
then comparing with the types.  ie (vtop.r & VT_VALMASK == ???)

It also seems to me that there is type info with (vtop.type.t == ???)

Which do I use when and with witch fields ?

How does the r field store registers ?

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.