[Tinycc-devel] Bug report

From: Patrick Leslie Polzer
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Bug report
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:57:27 +0100

Hello list,

I just tried making GNU Parted compatible with tcc and have finally
succeeded, though only with a wrapper script and some modifications.
Maybe you are interested in what I've found.

1) 64 bit issue:

struct A
{
        uint64_t field:N;
}

does not work because tcc thinks uint64_t is not a scalar type.
Consequently, I had to use 32 bit integers and cripple one field
(which is fortunately reserved at this time, but it's an ugly
hack nevertheless).

2) Linker problems:

tcc should probably either implement or ignore

  --no-whole-archive
  --whole-archive
  --rpath

[Libtool likes to add those without checking whether
the linker supports it (ugh).]

...and add the following alias:

  --soname -> -o

I also had problems passing strings to the preprocessor which
worked with GCC this way: -DSTRING=""\CONTENTS\"" but tcc
complains about a missing double quote. I can send you the
offending code if you wish.

I hope I could contribute to tcc with this.

Kind regards,

~ Leslie

--
PGP-KID: 0x52D70289