Re: [Tinycc-devel] how to run tcc under linux

From: juggy
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] how to run tcc under linux
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:35:52 +0200

Coly,

I guess the explanation was a bit too short. :-) To the best of my knowledge
TCC does not have its own library (anyone else on the list please correct me
if I'm wrong!) but links to exisiting ones, such as libc which is *the*
standard C library on Linux. Therefore it is highly unlikely that you can
avoid linking to glibc, although some alternatives such as µC (I think that's
the name) exist.

Anyway, it seems not to be an error in tcc, but either in your gcc setup or
your glibc setup. That's why I suggested to try compiling it with
gcc -Wall -o test test.c
and see what happens. If it doesn't work, you might want to try to reinstall
or upgrade gcc and glibc.

What are your TCC, gcc and glibc versions by the way? Mine are
tcc: 0.9.23  (tcc -v)
gcc: 4.1.2 (gcc --version)
libc: 2.3.6-15 (dpkg -l libc6 (on Debian Linux)

Hope this helps!

Juggy