Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on new ARM EABI (ARMEL)

From: Ivo
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on new ARM EABI (ARMEL)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 23:57:12 +0200

On Thursday 07 September 2006 23:29, Cayle Graumann wrote:
> Daniel,
>
>     So let me get this straight:
>
> 1) I compile TCC as an arm cross compiler.
> 2) I use i386-TCC to re-compile TCC as arm cross compiler

Not sure what you exactly mean, but I think he means:

on i386:        compile tcc as an arm cross-compiler that runs on i386 and
                generates arm code

on i386:        with that cross-compiler, compile an arm native compiler (i.e.
                one that runs on arm and generates arm code)

on arm: with that arm native compiler, compile another arm native compiler

The last compiler....

> The arm-TCC should then produce working executables?

...should produce correct binaries, according to Daniel Glöckner.

--Ivo