Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:00:33 +0100

KHMan wrote:
> Looks like some pretty extensive changes, including directory
> structure changes and refactoring. The question now is: Should all
> of Rob's tree go into the official CVS?

It seems to me that there is nobody except you who would like to use the
CVS tcc repository.  CVS is just too unflexible for a loosely coupled
developer community, because it enforces central administration and
access.  Just let everybody do his own mecurial repo and let people sync
up against each other.  Declare one repo as "common denominator".  I'd
even go so far and have one repo "free for all" (git's "mob").  What can
you lose?  The only thing is that there is no "official" repo anymore,
but tcc's official repo is undermaintained since time anyways.  I don't
see any benefit in trying to funnel all patches into CVS, which is a
time consuming process, if you can instead just leverage the distributed
nature of mercurial.

cheers
  simon