Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sample patch from Mercurial repository

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sample patch from Mercurial repository
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:41:29 +0800

Dave Dodge wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 02:59:15AM +0800, KHMan wrote:
>> Attached is a sample patch based on the Mercurial repository. I
>> assume revisions up to 395 is already in the official CVS,
>
> Just a quick note about mercurial: revision numbers such as 395 are
> just a convenience and are locally assigned to each copy of the
> repository.  They aren't guaranteed to be the same for each user; in
> fact local commits will quickly knock them out of sync.  Changeset IDs
> such as f357b2f8add5 _are_ kept globally consistent, so if you want to
> specify a particular change you can use those.

Thanks, I understand, I know some git and I am reading hgbook now.
It was just more convenient with those numbers assuming Seo's
Mercurial bundle is a frozen unit. I guess hg/git people can
correctly say that my brain has been lobotomized by the notion of
SVN revision numbers... :-)

I will be contacting David Wheeler to see if he is interested in
accepting them patches.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)