Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newer tinycc repository?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:19:30 +0800

Joshua Phillips wrote:
> oh, well, it seems they don't officially support it, but it's still possible:
> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialOnSourceforge
>
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007 17:37:03 Gregg Reynolds wrote:
>> On 10/31/07, Joshua Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> SourceForge supports Mercurial
>> Not according to their documentation.  Do you have a link?

Interesting. According to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_hosting_facilities

git/hg support looks spotty for now...

At the moment, it looks like there is ShareSource and Alioth for
public Mercurial hosting, or a DIY approach such as the above can
be taken. While it is not explicitly disallowed in:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=4297&group_id=1

It would be only polite to ask permission to do this sort of
thing. Is this method explicitly allowed by the SF people? I've
heard of projects being notified that they are not supposed to be
pushing binaries or source tarballs out of there...

To make discussion easier, here are the relevant pages on public
hosting for hg/git:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/ProjectsUsingMercurial
http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitProjects

So -- hypothetically -- if we adopt distributed development of tcc
using hg, will this mean that by the openly distributed model, we
expect to have a group of developers who maintain repositories
that are public-access, so that A can pull from B or C or D at any
time?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)