Re: [Tinycc-devel] mercurialtcc is unable to rebuild tcc

From: Marc Andre Tanner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] mercurialtcc is unable to rebuild tcc
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:00:48 +0100

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 08:30:29PM +0100, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> I can compile the current mercurialtcc with gcc,
> but the resulting binary is unable to rebuild tcc:
>
> src/tcc/src$ ./gcc-2-tcc  tcc.c -o tcc2 -ldl
> In file included from tcc.c:21:
> In file included from tcc.h:30:
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:757: redefinition of parameter ''
>
> Any ideas ?

This is because of the patch from Joshua Phillips which tries to detect
duplicate definitions of variables [1]. I actually wrote[2] that there are
some false positives but apparently the patch was nonetheless commited to
the default instead of the incoming branch.

Hope this helps.

Marc

[1] http://hg.sharesource.org/mercurialtcc/rev/eccb07e6b82c
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-11/msg00008.html