Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can the code comply to c89

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can the code comply to c89
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:17:44 -0400

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:24:45PM +0800, Hanzac Chen wrote:
> I think the extensions of gcc should not be used especially.  Here
> is the patch to make it compiled by VC.

-    [OP_REG8] = 0,
-    [OP_REG16] = 1,
-    [OP_REG32] = 2,
+    /* [OP_REG8] = */ 0,
+    /* [OP_REG16] = */ 1,
+    /* [OP_REG32] = */ 2,

BTW this is not a gcc extension; designated array initializers are a
standard feature of standard C99.  Granted, last I checked Microsoft's
compiler doesn't even try to support C99 and they have no plans to
bring it up to spec.

                                                  -Dave Dodge