[Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target

From: Zdenek Pavlas
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:31:57 +0100

Hello,

I have tried to port tinycc to my PXA270 based PDA running WM6, but with
little success.

1) gcc -D TCC_TARGET_ARM -D TCC_TARGET_PE seems to somewhat work, and
the resulting (x86 ELF) TCC emits ARM code and links PEs.  I don't know
what the FPA/LD/VFP/EABI flavors mean and what they're good for, so I
just used ARM-TCC-FPA, which seems to be the default(?) one (no
additional -Ds used in Makefile).

2) now I try to self-compile this beast to get native version of the
same compiler.  There's a problem with get_caller_pc (which can be
ignored), and with libtcc1.c (i used precompiled libtcc.a from
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~daniel/tcc/).  Still, there are
undefined symbols __floatundidf (i took one from libtcc1.c) and
__floatdidf (wtf is this?, I'v patched arm-gen.c, so only the unsigned
version is ever used).  Now everything is resolved, but it still can't link.

3) I get "can't relocate value" messages.  These come from type=1
(R_ARM_PC24) relocations which are on invalid offsets.  They are in fact
R_386_32 relocations created by pe_check_symbols() at tccpe.c:1136.
This code adds indirect jumps via IAT and is clearly i386-only, and
that's where the invalid "offset + 2" came from.  I know a little about
PE, but almost nothing about ARM, so it's a showstopper.

Q: Is it possible to fix tccpe.c so it supports ARM target?  What else
needs to be fixed?  Any resources?

Thanks!

--
Zdenek Pavlas