[Tinycc-devel] TCC very interesting error

From: Rūtenis Turčinas
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] TCC very interesting error
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:26:26 +0200

Hello. Im working on MS windows 7, I have latest tinycc version.

I'm trying to compile simple program, it runs OK. But, when it has a lot of variables it fails.
This is the function, that I tried to compile: http://www.turcinas.lt/testas.c
TCC compiles it and I receive any errors. It can run, everything is OK. But if I change last line from: "int _3308,_369;" to: "int _3308,_369,variable;" (just add one more variable) and it doesn't run (prints error). This is console code:
C:\tcc>tcc -c testas.c
C:\tcc>tcc -run testas.o
tcc: undefined symbol '__chkstk'

This one additional variable trick maby wont arise on your machines, because of different platforms, memories and so, but the thing is, that I have faced very strange situation.

I found on google, that such error arises when code tries to combine MSVC libs with gcc/mingw libs. But in my case there is only one simple function with many int type variables... No libs, just simple function. I don't know whats wrong, help me.