[Tinycc-devel] using tcc as a cross compiler for Windows

From: Luigi Rizzo
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] using tcc as a cross compiler for Windows
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:50:36 +0100

not sure how useful this is but it seems relatively simple to
use tcc as a cross compiler for Windows, by doing (tried on FreeBSD):

        gmake CONFIG_WIN32=1 _WIN32=1 tcc
        cp tcc tcc.exe
        gmake CONFIG_WIN32=1 _WIN32=1 libtcc1.a

Building tiny_impdef is slightly harder but apparently the compiler
is happy enough with a copy of msvcrt.dll and kernel32.dll
Putting tcc, libtcc1.a and the *dll in the same directory you can do

        ./tcc -I win32/include -L .  myprog.c

and produce myprog.exe which runs fine under windows.

Perhaps we could add a Makefile target to build the cross compiler ?

cheers
luigi