Re: [Tinycc-devel] win64 cross now sort of works

From: Henry Kroll
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] win64 cross now sort of works
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:44:27 -0800

> You could use
>      [TCCDIR]/win32/lib/32/libtcc.a
> and
>      [TCCDIR]/win32/lib/64/libtcc.a
> and of course
>      [TCCDIR]/win32/include

Ok, I did that and these 3 cross compilers work on x86_64 platform:
i386-tcc, i386-win32-tcc, and x86_64-win32-tcc. The build and install
trees now looks like this:

tccdir
|-- lib
|   `-- libtcc1.a
|-- lib64
|   `-- libtcc1.a
`-- win32
    `-- lib
        |-- 32
        |   `-- libtcc1.a
        |-- 64
        |   `-- libtcc1.a

I probably ought to disambiguate "lib" by renaming to "lib32" to make it
easier on the next guy but it works good now (and actually in the spirit
of tiny the linux lib32 and lib64 cross archives could be combined into
a single archive, since the objects inside them no longer conflict. I'll
leave that to somebody who wants to save 3.5K :)

I also managed to get the 3 cross compilers to build as exe using
mingw32, LOL, but they link against linux libc (They still use
$(NATIVE_DEFINES)), so would need cygwin to even *try* to run them on
windows. configure --enable-mingw32 --enable-cross && make -j1 (mingw32
can't figure out timestamps with parallel make which has been an ongoing
problem).

todo: I plan to test building 3 of the cross-compilers on i386 by the
end of the week. That should be easy.

todo: I guess make the crt for arm and put it into an archive...

> Are you still trying to make the same files in the same directory
> for more than one platform? ;-)

Now using $(LIBTCC1_DIR) that is set with each recursive make.