Re: [Tinycc-devel] Roadmap for 0.9.26?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Roadmap for 0.9.26?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 20:23:24 +0200

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Anyway, I do not plan to review commits again this time so we will just
go with current "mob" state as is, unless otherwise suggested.
[...}
If I understood correctly, before you used to do some review of the commits before including them in master branch. I guess the actions taken was mainly discard, split and merge.

Yes I did some such for 0.9.24 and 0.9.25 but plan not to do for 0.9.26.

Such feel informed that I want to pass that bits of "quality control" over
to the community in the believe that with increasing abilities of the mob
to maintain responsibility for the whole (as observed elsewhere nowadays)
good results are possible also for this little project. ;)

If you still consider this filtering as valuable (I'm not convinced we should rewrite history when merging in master branch) we could at list automate the merge actions and maybe some of the discards. This could be done with MergeWith: sha1 and Discard: sha1 tags. When a patch fix a bug/regression of a previous patch we would then add a MergeWith: sha1_previous_commit (or Fixup: sha1).

In principle I have no problem with rewritten history either.  After all
all true history was rewritten at some point.  That is if someone wants to
filter and cleaned up the "mob" branch, go ahead.  If something goes wrong,
we have still the original mob version in current master.

The thing is LIBTCC1 is defined conditionnally, only if it's the main Makefile being run (see the ifeq($(TOP),.) near the top).

Sorry, I didn't look close enough.

--- grischka