[Tinycc-devel] Help with tests... (osx build but please read anyway)

From: Milutin Jovanović
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Help with tests... (osx build but please read anyway)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:14:57 -0500

Hi all,

Before I get to the crux of my mail, I'd like to send a greeting to all. I've been using tcc on and off on windows for a while, and it is a sleek little tool. Thanks for your efforts!

I am attempting to do a OSX build. OSX problems for tcc are nothing new, but I decided to give it a go any way. I made an attempt to make tcc build and run, by incorporating some fixes I found and by making some modifications myself. So far, so good, it builds and a very basic test works. You can see my mob commit

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/8ca8b08890c220a9e238c711aef96b49727e80f0

to check my changes.

However, I am now stuck with some tests. The test output is below. The issue seems related to the old "tcc does not do mach-o binaries", but I am only guessing. If anyone has any better understanding of what the tests are trying to do, I'd appreciate a comment.

$ make test
make -C tests test
gcc -o libtcc_test libtcc_test.c ../libtcc.a -I.. -Wall -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-sign-compare -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -lm -ldl
------------ libtest ------------
./libtcc_test lib_path=..
Hello World!
fib(32) = 2178309
add(32, 64) = 96
cp ../include/tcclib.h .
gcc -o tcctest.gcc tcctest.c -I. -w -Wall -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-sign-compare -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -std=gnu99
  "_weak_f1", referenced from:
      _weak_test in ccSy7y2b.o
  "_weak_v1", referenced from:
      _weak_test in ccSy7y2b.o