Re: [Tinycc-devel] [Bulk] How to link...? (Restated, with full code thi

From: Lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [Bulk] How to link...? (Restated, with full code this time)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:42:56 -0000

#include <windows.h>
#include <mmsystem.h>
#pragma comment(lib,"libwinmm.a")

HMIDIOUT H_device;

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,LPSTR
lpCmdLine,int nCmdShow)
{
  BYTE A[4]={0x90,61,78,0};
  midiOutOpen(&H_device,(UINT)-1,0,0,CALLBACK_NULL);
  midiOutShortMsg(H_device,*(DWORD*)A);
  Sleep(1000);
  A[2]=0;
  midiOutShortMsg(H_device,*(DWORD*)A);
  midiOutClose(H_device);
  return 0;
}

DOS Batch file:
@ECHO OFF
PATH=%PATH%;E:\CODING\TCC
TCC.EXE C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\TEST\TEST2.c -LE:\Coding\tcc\lib\libwinmm.a
-oC:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\TEST\TEST.exe

This fails with undefined-symbol errors, even though libwinmm.a is provided,
copied from GCC. Why? GCC will link libwinmm.a and compile this code, and it
runs ok.
Also, is that #pragma line needed? GCC doesn't need it, but plenty of coders
seem to think it's required.

Please help. I really want to use TCC for this as first choice, as I like it
best out of all compilers I have tried.