Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation Faults and test failures on ARM (Raspbia

From: Jerry Reed
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation Faults and test failures on ARM (Raspbian/Raspberry Pi)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:49:17 -0500

Hoping I picked up the latest and greatest version, as I am not very familiar with git:

git clone git://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git
git fetch origin -v

[hopefully this picks up the version you've been working on so hard lately.  If not, please let me know the proper git incantations to get the newest stuff]

Then:

./configure
make
make test

At this point, had to make a number of symlinks/copies into /usr/include of header files from:

/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ to /usr/include

[This seems peculiar to the Raspbian distro on the Pi. Never had to do this on the BeagleBone - Angstrom distro there]

make test

The good news is that the tests get a lot farther than before -- and clearly you fixed the problem with 40_stdio.c.  A couple of runs got as far as:

------------ speedtest ------------
time ./ex2 1238 2 3 4 10 13 4
make[1]: time: Command not found
make[1]: *** [speedtest] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/tinycc/tests'
make: *** [test] Error 2

There is lots of diff output spewed along the way, but the tests do complete, which means all the stuff in test2, plus test1, 2 and 3 in tests.  Not sure what is up with the speedtest failure, but it is probably my environment.

However the bad news is that other runs still get intermittent Segmentation faults, like this:

Test: 45_empty_for...
Test: 47_switch_return...
Test: 48_nested_break...
Segmentation fault
make[1]: *** [48_nested_break.test] Error 139
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/tinycc/tests2'
make: *** [test] Error 2

different places on different runs, of course.

So better, but still some problems.  Similar results if I configure --with-libgcc as well.

Will try BeagleBone tomorrow if the VPN to my office is working, otherwise will try it Monday AM EST.

Thanks for all the hard work you and others have put in.

Regards,

Jerry

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> wrote:
Le samedi 26 janvier 2013 02:25:53, Jerry Reed a écrit :
> I would be happy to retest on the BeagleBone and the Raspberry Pi when a
> relevant build is ready.

Fixed. Go ahead and try :)

> Regards,
>
> Jerry