Re: [Tinycc-devel] Perl bindings for libtcc, and a distribution module

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Perl bindings for libtcc, and a distribution module
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:06:31 -0400

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> wrote:
Le mercredi 21 août 2013 08:41:09 David Mertens a écrit :
> Hey everyone -
>

> Another important aspect of interest for the tinycc community is that a
> number of people or companies run and report automated smoke systems on all
> Perl modules that get uploaded to CPAN. This means I will get automated
> reports on how tcc builds on systems that may not normally be tested by
> users on this list. For example, we might get Solaris build reports. These
> will not be deep-dive tests, of course, but if this module gets any
> traction, derivative modules could provide some very interesting and useful
> real-world tests. I would also be happy to include a wider test suite for
> Alien::TinyCC itself, in which case we could test tinycc on as many
> platforms and as deeply as we like.

Nice. I especially like the extra testing part. Thanks a lot for your work.

Best regards,

> Thanks!
> David

Thomas

Thanks. I somehow never noticed the tests2/ collection, and just added that to the test suite, so we will get better diagnostics there. Also, I noticed that, on Mac, the 32_led croaks with the _OSSwapInt16 issue, so I've marked that as expected to fail on Macs.

I am also quite curious to see what kinds of reports we'll get.

While scrutinizing my MANIFEST file (which indicates which files are actually distributed with the tarball on CPAN), I noticed the CMakeLists.txt. The build system doesn't use them. Is there a reason they are there?

David