Re: [Tinycc-devel] State of the tcc project

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] State of the tcc project
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:31:25 +0200

David Mertens wrote:
And now lifenjoiner has jumped in, adding patches without discussion.

Can we forcibly revert tcc's mob branch at http://repo.or.cz/ back to grishka's commit from 4-17 and cherry pick grishka's and Thomas' commits that were made thereafter? This will cause confusion for anybody who has pulled since mid-April, but will help ensure that tcc has higher quality commits.

I can work on this tomorrow if others think this is a good idea.

David

I'd vote for the same result but to keep the history (i.e. push one commit
to revert the whole series).  We could keep the warnings, or some, maybe.
Some comments would be nice, maybe.

Here is what I found:

jiang    Add warning 4
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/5d0785d0e1d71860b61b1c365ff46c8e399ad0e6
- bad name for global variable 'is_force' - force what?
- needs checking but might be ok.

jiang    Delete a = (a > = 0)? A: -a; \
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/3d608d4b54edfdd9f394f06d2be0741387ac733a
- causes regression (win32)

jiang    int main()
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/e5e7f488e22190f893152c0b2f73e9ba499c4169
- causes regression. Test case:

            struct { unsigned a:9, b:7, c:5; } s;
            s.a = s.b = s.c = 3;
            printf("%d / %d / %d\n", s.a, s.b, s.c);
            --> 219 / 91 / 3

jiang    Let init_putz one-time generation
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/d316836008f4738d5a020b28aa33e96a82a81aca
- may crash the compiler (see gcc warning)
- too risky, anyway

jiang    restore 2dd8587c2f32d17a2cd0443a60a614a3fa9bbe29
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/c6345b5a8af36d5577307860644010b1528257d3
- obviously mixed features without any description
- far from good implementations

jiang    When tcc.exe update, abitest-tcc.exe not updated. For...
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/5a514107c420bd8dd724c27d1e7e905571a6aba5
- valid concern but sloppy solution (should force the build of abitest-tcc.exe)

--- grischka