Re: [Tinycc-devel] pp bug

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] pp bug
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:45:58 +0300

Hi!
> And in order to keep this, when code is added other code needs
> to be removed.  Normal.  And that one was a good candidate
Your code is for debug only. It can not be used w/o recompilation.

> because of horrible copy&paste code producing no usable results.
No usable results? I use it to look what is performed in include files.
Horrible? Make it nicer (I know you can). Patch for -dD don't change
any other behaviour if -dD switch is not used.

> ability to compile multiple *.c files with -c switch copy&paste also (+
> memory leak)
Memory leak? Where? If there is a memory leak then this memory leak is
there and w/o this patch.

And there are many places with copy&paste (look ARCH specific code).
This is not a reason to remove a code.

> * handle a -s option by executing sstrip/strip program
> Eh, right, not to depend on external programs was the other
> feature of tinycc.
A tcc w/o this patch produce a stripped object files which can not be
checked by binutils.
Please fix this before removing a usable code: produce unstripped obj
w/o -s switch and usable obj files when -s is used. I use current tcc
with cfront. And w/o this patch tcc can not be used with cfront.