Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc(1) from current [mob] doesn't recognize "const" a

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc(1) from current [mob] doesn't recognize "const" attribute suffix
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:14:28 +0100

"Vladimir Vissoultchev" <address@hidden> wrote:
 |>   -   if ((ccp->cc_pass = urlp->url_pass).s != NULL)
 |>  +   ccp->cc_pass = urlp->url_pass;
 |>  +   if (ccp->cc_pass.s != NULL)
 |>         goto jleave;
 |
 |This must be have been fixed in mob (at some point) as I used to get "lvalue
 |expected" with 0.9.25 on similar failing snippet

 |. . . but mob compiles it ok and produces correct results.

Cool then!  When i have back a working tcc(1) installation i'll
try that out and actually report on this list if it still fails.
(I have seen -compiler- gcc errors which only happen in some
context but compile fine if the snippet is used by itself,
especially in conjunction with unions.  I don't know how
"vulnerable" tcc is regarding such things, though, but compilers
are quite complex pieces of software, especially when standard
conformity is involved :)
Ciao!

--steffen