[Tinycc-devel] How do I compile TC with Visual Studio 2015?

From: Ben Hutchinson
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] How do I compile TC with Visual Studio 2015?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 22:35:35 -0800

I download the latest source at http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/snapshot/5420bb8a67f5f782ac49c90afb7da178a60c448a.zip

I then run Visual C++ 2015 (part of VS2015) and load the already created VS solution (SLN file) for TCC. I assumed that this would mean EVERYTHING would be configured as needed, so I just clicked the Build button, and it failed with 2 errors. Both of which stated that it couldn't find config.h.

I would have assumed that a VS2016 solution file would have been properly configured as something you can run as-is, and poof out pops the compiled program. But it didn't work that way, and I don't know what to do to fix the problem.

The VS solution file (and its 2 .vcxproj project files) is located in the win32\vs2015 sub directory of the TCC source code folder. Can anybody create an working solution file, that is a simple VS2015 solution file that works like "you click the build button in Visual C++ 2015, and out pops tcc.exe"?

I'm trying to just get a working copy of the latest version of TCC, and it does not have its EXE file available online (only the next-to-latest version has its EXE file online). I need the latest version because I hope it fixes a bug from the older version (and if not, at least if I can compile it, I hope to be able to fix the bug myself and compile it).