[Tinycc-devel] Request for compiled copy of TCC

From: Ben Hutchinson
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Request for compiled copy of TCC
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:44:08 -0800

I would like it if you could compile the latest source of TCC and send me the EXE file. Note that it should be compiled in 32bit code, so that it will run on on both 64bit and 32bit computers. Also note that while its default output should be 32bit code, it should also be able to (using a command line switch) cross-compile to 64bit code.

And one more request, that you send me a source package, which has a BAT file that is custom designed to compile TCC by using TCC as the compiler. Note that this source package should include TCC.EXE and the BAT file in the correct directory, so that I do not need to worry about configuring any aspects of the compiler or directory structure at all. I should be able to just doubleclick the BAT file, and poof, out pops a compiled copy of TCC in a Release or Bin directory.

I will use that setup (rather than the standard GCC setup that most of the developers are working with) in order to add my own contribution to the development of TCC. The reason for this is that I have ZERO experience using GCC (which by the way is an INSANELY hard compiler to master), but I already have a fair amount of experience using TCC. I plan on writing and changing code in order to fix some bugsĀ  in TCC, but I don't plan to compile my fixed copy of TCC with GCC. Rather I plan to compile it with TCC itself, so as to not place undue burden on myself.