Re: [Tinycc-devel] Ready for Release 0.9.27

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Ready for Release 0.9.27
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 08:49:57 +0100

avih wrote:
(I might be sending this exact same message again. Not sure if my first attempt got sent correctly)

grischka, why does commit 5efa75d9 revert commit 9b3e4c58 ? (using gcc instead of $(CC) at the tests).

This breaks self-hosting when gcc is not available. If gcc is available and used already, then $(CC) is gcc, so why hard-code gcc?

Because these are "developer only" targets.

You may set CC=tcc, but then we still do not want to compare the
output of tcc with the output of tcc, obviously.

Actually we do not want any of the expect files to be rebuild by
users and testers at all.

On the downside as a developer you need to delete the .expect file
manually if you want it to be rebuilt.

-- gr