Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some patches

From: Petr Skocik
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some patches
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 16:25:54 +0200

Thanks for the accepts.

Feel free to ignore the realpath patch then.

But if you want to get into it:

Basically my current library build setup has an include directory
(cpath_component) with a
namespacing subdirectory directory (dir) and the subdirectory has a
symlink to '.' named the same as its parent:

Example:

        mkdir -p cpath_component/dir/
        ln -sfT . cpath_component/dir/dir
        tree cpath_component
        (
                cd cpath_component/dir

        cat > h0.h<<EOF
        #pragma once
        EOF

        cat > h1.h<<EOF
        #pragma once
        #include "dir/h0.h"
        EOF

        cat > h2.h<<EOF
        #pragma once
        #include "dir/h0.h"
        #include "dir/h1.h"
        EOF
        )

(The idea behind this was so I could rename the namespacing directory
from outside without
 breaking internal double-quote-based includes.)

This works fine with clang and gcc but caused double includes on the
unpatched tcc.

Example (with the above setup):

        cat > main.c <<EOF
        #include "dir/h0.h"
        #include "dir/h2.h"
        int main(){}
        EOF
        export "CPATH=$PWD/cpath_component"
        for CC in tcc gcc clang; do
                echo $CC
                $CC  -E main.c |grep '\.h"'
        done

(
Anyway, I found another minor recently yesterday in
__builtin_types_compatible_p:

It seems tcc treats `vla+0` as compatible with `vla`, whereas
with regular arrays or with the `&vla[0]` notation instead of `vla+0`,
they're INcompatible
as they should be. (There's also problems with
__builtin_types_compatible_p with enums but I guess that's already
understood, judging by the comment in the code.).

        #vla
        tcc -x c - -DN=argc <<<'int main(int argc, char**argv){  char a[N];
return __builtin_types_compatible_p(__typeof(a),__typeof(a+0)); }' &&
./a.out; echo $?
        #regular array
        tcc -x c - -DN=2 <<<'int main(int argc, char**argv){  char a[N];
return __builtin_types_compatible_p(__typeof(a),__typeof(a+0)); }' &&
./a.out; echo $?
        #vla + other notation
        tcc -x c - -DN=argc <<<'int main(int argc, char**argv){  char a[N];
return __builtin_types_compatible_p(__typeof(a),__typeof(&a[0])); }'
&& ./a.out; echo $?

I'm not super motivated to try and fix this one, though, cuz i can
simply fix my problem by using &a[0] in my code instead of a+0.
)

Regards,
Petr Skocik